Thursday, December 4, 2008

I'm loving Claudine's Paints...

I'm sure you've seen in my other recent posts that I've been playing around with Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Paints by Ranger. (Like Here, and Here, and oh yah over Here!) I love them, they are nice and creamy and richly pigmented. Since I bought them about a month ago, they've stayed out on my table and I've used them a lot! I've used so much of the Matte Multi medium, that I will need another soon!

When I saw the creation she made for the Hero Arts Blog, I immediately started thinking. What about a poinsettia for the holidays?? But you know me, I can't just do that, I need to add a little metal on too! So I did. But I didn' make it into a card (yet!), right now, it's a magnet. For your fridge or your memo board...






OK, the colors are slightly off. The colors on the left are closer to true than the one on right.

I used Claudine's Sticky Back Canvas, Modern Red Paint, Dash of Red Paint, Dab of Yellow Paint, 10 Seconds Studio Appletini Metal with border mold number B23, Ranger's Perfect Pearls in Sparkle, Cuttlebug embossing folder in Swiss Dots, the Multi-medium in Matte (Claudine's as well - BTW, have you smelled this stuff? YUMMY!!) and since I couldn't find a pointsettia stamp in my house, I used the left over Convertible piece from my Ornaments class a few months ago.

Here'a photo of all the supplies...

I didn't use any humungo for the metal, it stuck on just fine with the multi-medium!! How fabulous is that?
Today I'm going to be working some more with the Beeswax and I need to go over my Silhouette notes for tonight's class at the Cupboard.

2 comments:

Lynne Forsythe said...

don't you just love Claudine's line...and yes the matte medium smells soooooooooo yummy!!! I love working with it to!!

claudine hellmuth said...

thanks for making this cute project! i love it!! I'll post it to my blog!

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...