Monday, December 1, 2008

Playing around...

I've been devouring 'everything' encaustic these past few days. I've taken some of the latest things I've learned and created a complete painting out of wax. This isn't for Kandi, this is just me playing. I also wanted to see how the wax photographed. I'm going to have to see how it does during the day, at night it's a little flat. Here's my latest creation, moments old...

Really the photo isn't too good. To feel it, it's just incredible. I'm definitely going to play around with this some more this week and get to making my projects ASAP. I want to mail them all out before the 20th of December. Only 19 days away!

3 comments:

Lynne Forsythe said...

Encaustic is fun!! I love all things wax...haven't gotten so much into color...looks fun though!! Have you been checking out Tim's 12 tags of Christmas? They are beautiful of course!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim
Love this art! When will you be teaching it somewhere? Would love to have a chance to work more with it!

BTW - You're welcome!

Love ya

D

Just-Kim said...

Lynne, I have been checking out Tim's tags. I think I'm going to play around with it this weekend, while Hubby is working. I'm having a ton of fun with the wax!

And Dana!, Yes!! I will be teaching a few classes in the New Year on the wax. At SC, of course!

Have a great day, ladies!
Kim

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...