Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dreamweaver Color Challenge for February!

Welcome back! 

This week, Dreamweaver is having a color challenge.  The colors that were chosen... Pink and Brown!!  I LOVE those colors.  They are MY colors.  My coat is pink and brown, heck even my hair is pink and well.... it's supposed to be blond by it's really brown.  hehe!  So, I decided that since I was teaching a misting class at the Scrapbook Cupboard on February 10th, I would combine the two!  So I used mists for this card.


I used a few of my different mists to get the background.  I believe on this one, I used a pink stain, some tattered angels sherbert and even some Ranger Bronze Perfect Pearls mist.  I misted all of that on glossy paper and then let dry.  That took the longest time.  It was really misted on there and it didn't want to change the look of those droplets so letting it air dry is your best bet!  If I had used a heat gun, those droplets may have moved and that wouldn't be good so I chose to wait.  (I had lunch!)

Once completely dry, I placed the NEW Dreamweaver Damask stencil on top and misted over the stencil with Tattered Angels Marshmellow.  It's a very pale white.  You really can't see the detail unless you enlarge the photo.  It's amazing in person but I know the picture makes it hard to see.  After that dried (I played a silly PC game waiting for this one to dry.  :-)  ) I then pasted on the new heart wreath and the Be My Valentine.  Just in white matte paste.  I let that dry, which was actually a shorter amount of time then the mists!!  I placed the stencils over the paste and used a small stipple brush to add the brown coloring on top of the matte paste.  I mounted the entire piece onto brown cardstock and I was done!  Fabulous!

I didn't just stop there!  While I had all that white mist on the damask stencil, I used it on a different pink piece I had misted.  This time, instead of placing the stencil over the pink colored paper and misting through it, I placed the pink paper on top of the misted stencil.  All that ink that sits on the stencil, don't waste it... use it!!!  Here's my sample...



Can you see the damask image in the pink?  Yup that's the same mist ink that went onto the card above!  Nifty!  Oh and I don't know why but in person, this is really more of a pink color.  This shows it red and pink but it's more pinky.  Sorry about that.  I just got the new Iphone and haven't mastered the photos with it yet. 
Anyhow, after placing the pink piece of paper onto the misted stencil, lift up and let dry.  I then used Silver embossing paste on the heart and an older LOVE stencil.  This LOVE is from a tiny stencil.  I let those dry and then ran a brown ink pad on the sides of the paper and mounted it on a doily and then onto a card!  Perfect!

Once I started with the mists, I couldn't stop!  Here's some more samples I was making...



I just went crazy!  I was having a ball!  I'm excited to continue.  I got a package from Ms. Lynell on Tuesday with new stencils in it.  I'm going to get started on these right away!  I'm so excited to be back in a crafty mode.  And to finally have some time to do it too!  Yippee!

Want to see more fun projects in the pink and brown color theme?  See some of the other Dreamweaver Dream team projects.  You can start by click on the links to the right on my blog or you can go to http://www.dreamweaverstencils.blogspot.com/ and follow Lynell through the Dream Team posts.!

Have fun and I hope everyone makes some art today!

9 comments:

Louise said...

Wow, you have been busy! Great cards and great to have you back!

Kristi Parker Van Doren said...

Awesome cards! Glad to have you and your creative skills back in action!!!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Looks like your students in your class are going to have a lot of fun doing Valentines. Have fun too Kim!

Pam Hornschu said...

Wow, you were definitely prolific with the misting and the stencils! Love the textural feeling you get with the mists in the background!

Laura Drahozal said...

Great work with those mists--most inspirational. (Great--now I need to add mists to my list--you have inspired me, as always!)

Lee Kellogg said...

Sounds like you have been having fun Kim! Enjoy those mists.

Deborah March said...

WOW!!! FABULOUS cards...and I'm tickled PINK to see you back!!

Wendy said...

Hey Kim....welcome back to the land of blogging!!! Your cards are fantastic!! I hope all is well for you!!

Terrece said...

You crazy woman!!! I wish I had your energy. Love all the samples. Several of us must have been on the same psychic when it came to which heart to use. Great job!!

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...