Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Welcome February!

Can you believe that it's February??  You are probably wondering where I've been.  Me too!  The last few months have been filled with a baby, snow, more snow and another baby!  My sister, Nicole gave birth to a beautiful 8 lb 7 oz baby boy on January 28th.  Thomas is absolutely adorable!  Don't believe me?  Check out this picture...


Don'tcha want to just pinch those cheeks!!  Here's me holding the newest bundle of joy.  I know this has been on Facebook a few times but if you aren't a friend, you may not have seen it...



Here's both babies together with my two 'babies'. 



Quite a size difference.  My Caleb was born at 8 lbs. 15 oz and Bryce at 8lbs 2 oz. so it's amazing to see how they go from that small to what they are now.  WOW! 

We've also been keeping very busy with scouting.  Both boys are in cub scouts and it's busy this time of year with Pinewood derby, Blue and Gold, Scout Sunday, and something called a Klondike Gold Rush.  Caleb is in that this year.  It's in two weeks so we'll see what that is all about.  I know he has to trek through the snow in the woods and learn some tips on survival.  Cub Scouts is an amazing program.  They learn so much that they may not without it.  This year, Caleb's car won first place in the Webelo 1 den!  His car will be entered to race in the upcoming tri-town derby!



He's not allowed to take his car home.  It's impounded until the tri-town derby but here he is with his beautiful golden trophy!  Very cool.  He's so proud!

At home, I've been busy redecorating my bathroom.  The wallpaper was falling off and generally it was in disrepair.  I'm happy to say that it should be all done as of tomorrow!  All we have left is the crown molding and it's done.  I love the colors, a soft Paris Mint green, white, tan with silver accents.  I love it.  Here's just a peek (if you'd like to see).



I was very frugal and painted the inside wainscotting on this piece.  We've had this sink/vanity for a while but I thought it needed a little something-something so used the same paint to color the faux wainscoting.  I also painted over my medicine cabinet and a shelf that has been in the bathroom since, well... forever.  But now they look brand new!  Just with one simple coat of paint!  Cool!  The shower curtain I found at Target.  It matches perfectly and I didn't have to search forever for something nice!  Love it!

This week we are on a car hunt.  I'm looking for a new one.  I think we may have found it but I haven't made my final decision yet.  I'm going to check one other place first.  I love car shopping!  Test driving all those cars, smelling the new car smell.  Seeing the insides of the new designs, looking at the older models.... it's fun!  The car I'm currently looking at isn't brand new but it's nice!  Very nice.  We'll see.  As I said, I still have something else to look at.

Well, I'll be back tomorrow AM with a Dreamweaver blog post!  I finally have been crafting again and I'm sticking with it.  I NEED to craft.  Not only do I enjoy it... but it's my JOB!!!  I love that!

No comments:

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...