Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Metal Bookbinding and a Metal Jewelry Set...

I should have gotten these done last month but I've just really been overwhelmed. Not by these, it's just been everything.

The house has been a mess...
The weather's been a downer...
and I've been teaching and working so much that by the end of the day, I feel like just going to bed.

So last Saturday, I cleaned the house and tackled a bit at the mess in my studio.

The weather... well, I can't do anything about it. ~ But I do feel like Spring is 'trying' to make a presence. I finally have two daffodils in full bloom in my yard. Yes, just two. But, hey, it's a start.

Today, I taught the Spring Kandi Canvas to two good friends and tonight I have the last Silhouette 102 class. But in between, I thought... why not finish up some loose ends. And I did.

Boy, does it ever feel refreshing to finish something!!!

These are the classes I'm offering at Ink About It next month:

The first class is the Metal Jewelry Set. Anyone taking the class will have their option to use any
color of metal and any design. The jewelry bases are by Amate Studios. This class will be held on Thursday, May 14th from 10:30AM - 12:30PM.


These are fashioned after the ring I made for me to wear to my Sister's wedding. I've had more people ask me about this ring. Whenever I wear it people stop and stare and many ask me about it. It's held up wonderfully. I can even wear it while washing my hands. I've never had any problems and I've never had to reglue or replace anything. It's been very durable. ~Although, I wouldn't suggest putting your hands in any alcohol or any type of solvent. As you know, the color will come off the metal.

The second class is a remake of a favorite. It used to be smaller but with the new Ten Second Studion Kabuka molds, I had to make something a bit larger. I really like it. It's nice and sturdy and I love the design of it. I have a couple of pictures of this one for you to see. This class will be offered at Ink About It on Saturday, May 16th from 12-4PM






Now I'm off to cross something else off my list...

2 comments:

Lynne Forsythe said...

BEAUTITUL....amazing stuff girl...Happy Easter to you and your family!!!

Rena Sawatski said...

Beautiful book. Can't take your class as Iive too far away.

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...