Thursday, February 25, 2010

Life and Art to share!

My husband, Patrick, recently got a promotion at work.  With this promotion comes added responsibility and many, many more hours of work.  Ugh.  With two school aged children, it means that for me, more running around.  This weekend, for example, is the Blue and Gold banquet at cub scouts.  Patrick will work until 5 and then race home.  The banquest starts at 5 so I'll pack up the kids, our appetizers and shuffle them off to save a seat for Dad.  Did I mention before that he's the Den leader for Bryce's Den?  Yah, so sitting close to them is probably a required task on my part. 

I do a lot during the day.  Not just housework (which I detest), groceries and laundry but also working on the newsletter, calendar and classes for the Scrapbook Cupboard.  I also answer emails several times a day from my great students at My Creative Classroom.  I write a monthly article for Stampers Quest Ezine plus participate in challenges and other projects on that site as well.  Twice a week for about 3 hours total, I volunteer for my local elementary school.  The same one my kids go to.  It's great to see my kids during the school day and to meet their friends but it's also a great way to help out my local school.  I also attend my weekly Weight Watchers meeting, go to sewing class, visit with my Mom and lately it seems as if we have a lot of dental or doctor appointments we've been going to (it's just that time of year!).  So adding in more projects seems insane, right?

Well, today is Patrick's only day off for another week and what's he doing?  Adding lighting and a TV into my newly redesigned studio.  I know.  He's a great guy!  Of course, I'm not really helping.  I'm working.  Typical, huh!

Anyhow, I wanted to tell you how the rest of the studio redesign is going.  S.L.O.W.L.Y... I've been at this for a while now and I don't know when it will be done.  I had to stop so that I could get out some projects with deadlines so it won't be until possibly Saturday before I get back in there to organize some more.  Yesterday I organized for a little while and look what I found...

Isn't that fantastic!  I might have shown it before on the blog, I can't remember.  It's a piece of Pearl colored metal, run through the Cuttlebug with a DreamWeaver die and then colored.  What did I use?  Prismacolor Pencils!!!  YUP!!  Just plain 'ole Prismacolor pencils to add all that beautiful coloring.  I think I might have to make another sample of this and throw it into a class!  The Pearl is a great color to use for this technique as it has a little tooth to it, being that its more of a matte than a glossy finish on it.  Try it and let me know you did!

I also wanted to share my latest creation on Stampers Quest Ezine.  Check out these adorable Elephants!

Wanna see how I made them?  Check out the article at Stampers Quest here:  Sweet Grass Stamps

Tonight I have a painting class with Jean, a local Certified One Stroke Painting Instructor.  She mentioned that I should bring the directions from last class to class tonight.  Hmmm...  I'm not sure what pile they are in.  Guess I should go find them...

No comments:

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...