Tuesday, February 23, 2010

3

It's been a little while since I've posted.  I've been crazy out and half out of my mind.  I am always feeling like I'm about 3 weeks behind in projects to be completed.  I seem to have overextended myself a bit.  So, I wasn't able to write and update the blog as often as I would like.  While I'm still about 3 projects behind, I'm looking in the right direction and can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

So, what have I been up to?  LOTS!  My classes have been running and enrollment has been good everywhere.  Within the last month, I've taught several classes at Scrapbook Cupboard, one at Ink About It and so far, we are in the middle of one at My Creative Classroom.  I have 3 classes tomorrow!  Yup, 3!  The last week lesson for the Metal Sampler will be posted, the first lessons of the Art Journals, Handbound will be posted (both at My Creative Classroom) and I've also got a class tomorrow night at the Scrapbook Cupboard.  Busy!

Let's take a peek at what else has been going on.

I took another Zentangle class:

That's not my hand or my Zentangle.  It belongs to my friend, Danielle.  She did a fabulous job!  Certified Zentangle Instructor, Toni Henneman taught the class.  She's a great teacher and it was great to learn something new and to finally get out for something other than to teach others.

I've been taking a beginner sewing class at Saftler's in Whitman, MA.  Again, no picture of me - just one of my sewing/WW/walking buddy, Susan.  Hard at work...

I've been surprised at how therapeutic this sewing class has been.  I'm just about done with my apron.  My first piece was an owl pin cushion. I don't have a picture of him but will get one up.  I've already signed up for another sewing class.  This time it will be on making villages.  And if you've read my blog in the past, you know - I'm big on houses!  So this was right up my 'alley'!  Sorry, I couldn't resist the horrible pun!

I also took another Stampscapes class.  Jeanne drove Bev and I up to Maine to learn a few new techniques!  Stampscapes are so easy to do.  And with little effort, they can look beautiful!  Here's the card we made in class: 

Hey, at least this time you get to see my hand!

So, I just started a course on building a better blog.  So, far my lesson is to decide in what direction you want your blog to go.  Keep it all business?  Keep it all family?  Keep it all art?  Integrate all?  Well, in an effort to find some photos of some past art I did, I had to look through my blog earlier today for the photos.  When I did, I found that I really did enjoy blogging.  Then I stopped blogging - or rather, I stopped blogging as often.  Why?  I think it's because I stopped incorporating my life into it.  I've been feeling like my blog is a big advertisement of what classes I'm teaching.  Where?  When?  What?  But that's not just what I'm about.  I have a life outside of that and I have a beautiful family too.  So, I'm going to go back to the old way of blogging.  Incorporate pictures and stories of the children.  Articles about my life.  And pictures of my art.  Regardless of whether the art is a class today or was something I found and made years ago.  No rules, no regulations, no restrictions.

I seem to have a theme with this blog tonight.  Everything I've spoke of, has come in three's.  I guess I've got a blog header today!  3!  3 great classes coming up.  3 great classes I've taken.  I'm teaching/or have taught at 3 great places this month.  I'm going to revert my blog back to talking about family, art and business.  I'm not going to limit myself to rules, regulations or restrictions.  Huh!  How about that!

Tomorrow, I'll post some pictures of the larger project I'm working on.  Plus tell you some more about what I've been doing in my life.  Maybe I'll show you some art too!  But for now, I must rest!

No comments:

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...