Sunday, January 24, 2010

Big class today...

Rather than chat with the family this morning, I thought I'd update my blog since I'm saving my voice. 

See, I'll be talking for the next 4 hours at my big Copic Review class at the Scrapbook Cupboard!

This Copic Review class covers the first six months of the Copic Collection I taught at the Cupboard.  There is so much information we cover in these classes I still don't teach it all!  As a matter of fact, I teach just one or two things from each class but I give you ALL the hand outs for each of those 6 months.  It's really a great deal.  The class is $59, includes 6 markers and 6 months worth of step by step hand outs!  WOW!

This class is full (or maybe it has one spot) but there will be another one in March.  Sunday, March 14th to be exact.  Class is held from 12-4PM and it's a download of a whole bunch of knowledge.  Loads of knowledge ... and I never shut up!  It's the only class I talk for hours and hours on end.  And if you know me... you know, I'm not a big talker.

Would you like to know what I'm going to talk about for 4 hours?  Let's see, first I'll go over all the basics regarding Copic Markers.  Then we start working on the simple blending...

Then we'll go over all those cool things that the Gray's and Colorless Blender can do... everyone gets a hand drawn Kim house!  I love making houses!!



We'll then move on to using your Copic's with other mediums...


And then ON other mediums...




Next we go over the Air Brush System and lastly, skin tones!

You think that's all?  NOPE!  I have 6 more month's of Copic Collections that I'm in the middle of teaching now.  So there will be another Copic Review 2! coming up in April encompassing all "those" techniques! 

While I'm not an expert at the Copic's, I'm really good at breaking down things and figuring how they work.  I will say that since becoming a Certified Copic Designer last year, I've barely touched another marker since! 

Oh, it's time to go to class...

1 comment:

Jane Davies said...

WOW, Kim! This looks great. You really teach a LOT. I am looking forward to teaching at Scrapbook Cupboard in April. We're doing a handmade box with collage cards. Hope we get enough students.
Best,
jane

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...