Friday, August 21, 2009

Masculine Card...

It's been a busy week here - as always.  With that being told, I didn't get to even start my Masculine Card for the Stampers Quest Ezine Trail Blazer contest until last night. 

...At about 1AM last night. 

I realized at about 11:30PM last night that I didn't have too many manly stamps.  I don't know why.  I have a husband, two boys, a father, a father in law, a brother, even a brother in law (or 2), a nephew, several grandfathers so why I didn't own many masculine stamps to choose from, I'm clueless.  I have the old stand-by Stampers Anonymous car stamp.  It may be an old Ford or other old car I'm not sure.  I love that stamp and even used it for a card I sent my Grandfather earlier this Summer but it didn't fit into the train of thought I had on the card I wanted. 

I really wanted to be able to use one of the sketches I was assigned for the Fall kickoff at My Creative Classroom.  I was going to kill one bird with two stones here.  And I did.

But not until 1AM.

I used the "Wintry Owls" stamp from Memory Box.  Along with a little wood grain paper and some Dark Chocolate Metal and I came up with this:

I think it fits the 'Masculine" bill but I suppose it could be for just about anyone.  I was going to give it to hubby for his birthday next month but while rummaging for masculine stamps, I found a "Rock Star" stamp set that I'll use instead. Yippee!
Don't forget, voting on the Stampers Quest Ezine started today and ends at midnight on Sunday.  This time there are 7 of us competing and only 5 can go on to the next round.  We're almost to the end!  You can click here to vote.
And on Monday, I'll be buying some "Masculine stamps" at Fran's Stampin Up party!  As Caleb says, "Be Prepared!"

No comments:

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...