Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Off to have fun... and a card to share...

I'm off to Bella Art in Rhode Island today to play with some Colored Pencils and Memory Box stamps! I'm excited to be going. New techniques to learn, expanding my knowledge of all things artful. Very exciting!

Every month at the Scrapbook Cupboard I join a card swap. It's hosted by my friend, Kerriann and she's already predetermined the themes for the months ahead. It's a great little swap. We never have to make too many - which is perfect!

Well, I'm a procrastinator. To the nth degree. If I can leave it for two minutes before, I will. So yesterday I decided to make these cards. I finished them at about 5:30PM. Class started at 7 and I had dinner to make and company coming over so... it was the 'nth' time. I did finish them... little "Lilac" all done up in Copics, mounted and then a stamped "hi!". She had 5 other friends but they all have good homes now. Here's the one that made it back to my house...

"Lilac" is a stamp from Stampboutique. Some very cool and unusaul stamps there as well as some cutesy ones like little Lilac here. I used the Copic airbrush system on her background. I LOVE that machine. I'm borrowing the one I have to make samples for next month's Copic Collection Class at Scrapbook Cupboard but I'm really thinking that I need to save my pennies for this machine. It's fabulous! And I'm sure all those ladies that take the Copic Collection classes in August will agree.
OK, off to have fun now!

No comments:

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...