Wednesday, November 12, 2008

M.I.A.

That's me, missing in action.

Bernadette told me she missed my blogging. Sorry Bern. I'm here, I'm alive and well and I'm gearing up to go away this weekend with a few friends. Of course I say a few but last count someone told me there were about 20 of us! Yah, that's a lot of people! We're all headed down to Hyannis, MA for the Crazy for Croppin event. I'm excited to be going away. I've got a ton of projects I want to do and I'm really feeling like I'm gonna get them done! And of course Sunday is my birthday! Making this weekend even more exciting!

So what have I been doing? Well Saturday I hung out with Jen Starr at the Scrapbook Cupboard. She came down to teach a few fabulous classes. After that, I went out cropping with my friend Kerriann. It was a short crop but I got some important things done.

Sunday I hung out with the family for most of the day and then that evening I hosted an event. A whole bunch of us got together to do something special for a few friends in need. I did this event Monday night too. I'm so happy with the turn out and I'm sure the friends will be happy. It always feels good to do good.

Monday I taught a private class for an extremely talented artist. Marissa is a wonderful woman and she really knows her stuff. I'm so thrilled to have met her and it meant a lot to me that she wanted me to show her how to metal emboss. She gave me this piece of jewelry that I adore. On one side is Caleb's favorite symbol (the pirate skull) and on the other is Bryce's favorite symbol (the Fleur de Lis). It's almost like the piece was made for me. I love it. Thank you, Marissa! Click on over to Marissa's link and look at her Etsy shop, her website, look at her work. You'll see just what I'm talking about.

Then Tuesday. Veteran's Day. I actually spent most of the day running around with my Mom doing wedding stuff for Nicole. We picked up her runner, her invitations and some ribbon for the cake. It's a little over 3 months until her wedding and I've got to jump on the shower stuff. The good thing is, I AM working on it! I've contacted everyone and we're all on the same page. Whew!

So Wednesday, wow, that's today. See how my time has flown! Today I woke to sickness. Not me... Caleb. Be rest assured he's fine but let's just say he gave his little brother, Bryce, a not-so-nice shower at about 5AM this morning. Yah. So I've been on laundry duty all day. Urgh!

Tomorrow I must pack for this weekend. I have my lists, what I want to do what papers and embellishments I needs, etc. I even went out to Home Depot today and bought a mailbox. - That you'll have to wait to see. - Actually I'll have to wait to see it too, it's in my head but hasn't made it to paper. My favorite author, Laurell K. Hamilton, has a blog I follow. In her blog she talks about how the characters of the book speak to her and once they start talking she needs to put them to paper and make them alive. (even if the paper is sticky notes!) I hope I don't loose the character in my head for the mail box before Friday. I'm thinking not but we'll all just have to wait and see!

I'm bringing my laptop so expect some photos and updates this weekend from the crop. Sorry no pictures today but I guarantee there will be plenty for this weekend!

1 comment:

Bernadette Deleon-Rees said...

have a wonderful time in Hyannis!!! I will live vicariously through you as I will be home this weekend, working and going to hockey games...Happy Birthday!!!!

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...