Sunday, October 26, 2008

A spooky good time ...and some art too!

Another busy weekend, I feel like every weekend is busy. I guess that's just my life. Friday night I taught the Have a Shiny Christmas ornaments class at the Scrapbook Cupboard, I got home late and then had to be up early the next morning to get ready! Caleb's cub scout den went to C.N. Smith Farm to a haunted hayride. Of course this one was during the day so not too scary but enough. I took loads of photos and I'm gonna share here so that the Grandparents, Aunts and Cousins can enjoy. But if you're here for the art, don't despair... there's art here. Some new and cool art too! See below.
What started as a beautiful hayride turned into a scary scene!! I was so busy taking photos of the scenery and then...


I nearly fell off the back of the wagon! The I just thought that last headstone was perfect. Orange U. Scared. Yup, for a moment, I was!!

The family went home, I did some laundry, we had lunch and then headed off the the cub scout's pack meeting. It was the Halloween party. Check out Patrick's costume and how much fun the boys had...


A fun filled family day. We needed that! Sometimes life gets so busy you can forget about what's important. I love my family time. I'm so glad we spent the day together having fun!

Then today I spent at the Scrapbook Cupboard. We had a fabulous Holiday Bus Tour. I was feeling quite inspired by some things I have seen lately and after I created the metal embossed Naked Trees, I really felt like I could push this idea further. So here they are...


I'm so happy with these that I've already made it into a class. The picture on the left and the picture in the middle is done with the dream weaver paste and stencil. The picture on the right is done with dark chocolate and pearl metal from 10 Seconds studio. I'm really enjoying this product.
Tomorrow I've got to make a wreath and finish putting together those Harvest Canvas kits.

3 comments:

Sherry Goodloe said...

I really like those embossed trees. Can't get enough of seeing photos of them!

peata said...

omg, how good are those trees.

Just-Kim said...

Thanks ladies. I'm really enjoying them too.

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...