Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's easy...

"Success is not the key to happiness.
Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful."

- Albert Schweitzer

I thought I would start with an inspiring quote today. I LOVE what I'm doing. I live for it. I'm a Mom, an Artist, a Wife, a Friend ...I wear many other hats. Just like everyone else. But today wasn't the greatest day I've had. It was a tough day. The dog was sick, my oldest son was sad, I missed an important appointment by 5 minutes but through it all, I'm still happy. I'm still here, I'm still plugging along. Tomorrow will be a better day. I know it will be!

Anyhow, I wasn't sure what to blog about today, so after I found that quote, it occurred to me... I haven't posted pictures of some of my artwork lately. I never posted the artwork Bryce did with me. Bryce is my little man. He's so bright and very artistic. He'll scrapbook with me, he'll stamp with me, he'll even play with metal with me! Last week while we were in Maine, he made a little picture. Using a refiner, a thin mat and some Kiss Me Pink metal he made a picture of the two of us.


Not bad for a 5 year old! He'll be a pro soon! I also wanted to share an embossed piece of RockStar Black that I made. Tomorrow, Bryce and I will be making a Fleur de Lis. Check back. Metal embossing is so easy a 5 year can do it! If your interested in learning more, check out one of the classes I'm teaching. You can view my schedule to the left.

No comments:

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...