Today I'm starting a three part/day blog post. I'm hosting a FREE blog presentation on how to make a Holiday Card Keeper. You can view the Supply List for what you'll need the next three days here.
If you have any questions, post them as a comment and I'll answer them in another post for everyone to see.
- Box with lid – I’m using a cigar box, it measures 8 ¼ x 7 ¾ x 3, any paper Mache box will work too.
- Holiday papers
- Gel Medium, Mod Podge or other favorite wet adhesive
- Paints with Brushes, I’m using the new Claudine Paints by Ranger but any acrylic paints will do.
- Sand Paper and Sanding Block
- Aluminum Metal Foil – about 36-40 gauges will work well.
I’m working with a cigar box as my card keeper. Any paper mache box will do and use your imagination, you don’t have to make a card keeper either. A journal, a clock, a photo frame, almost anything can be covered in metal.
*Not pictured, I painted the top lid of the box the same Modern red and I added Holiday papers to the bottom outside edge. I adhered the paper with the Multi Medium and I then added a thin layer of multi medium over the paper too.
Tomorrow, we’ll emboss our metal. I used a piece of aluminum metal that just fit the top of my cigar box…
While I used a piece of Copper colored Art Metal from 10 Seconds Studio as well as their tools, remember you can use a top to a large disposable aluminum party pan and some basic supplies you might have at home. Here’s a photo for reference…