Thursday, July 2, 2009

Catch up...

First let me show you what I woke up to this morning and yesterday morning. Add this to the last two and a half weeks, it's just been a rainy Summer so far...



So, I'll catch you up on a few things I've been doing over the last month.

Caleb and Bryce participated in the Cub Scout Fishing Derby. Caleb won a prize for the third largest fish! And realistically, while we let them hold the poles, most of the catching was done by Mom and Dad.




















The weekend after the fishing derby, was Winston's Birthday. My friend, Traci, puts on a birthday party for her beloved cat each year. It's really a big cookout with lots of cat presents!


Oh wait, I found a photo of Bernadette digging into the kitty litter cake...


The day after Winston's party, we went to the Stamp Show in Springfield, MA. I bought a bunch of great stamps. Dropped some cash at Paula's Best, Motivet, Stamp Camp, Class Act, Los Coast Design, Starving Artist and quite a few others. I tried to be choosy on which I decided, being frugal and picking something that I knew we wouldn't normally carry at the Scrapbook Cupboard. This was also the first day I became sick, coming down with a nasty cold. As a matter of fact, I've had that cold ever since. It was only yesterday I went to the Doctor's and she tells me I have a bronchial infection. Yah for me. She did tell me that I'd be perfect by Sunday so hopefully the coughing, hacking and heavy lung feeling will be gone by then. Anyway, here are all the stamps I picked up...


The following Thursday, Caleb was in his play. He was a Bee. I think I mentioned in an earlier post that he was going to be but I didn't get a chance to show you the costume I sewn for him! Yes my Mother helped but I did all the stitching myself! Bryce loves it so much, he's going to be a Bee this Halloween! This is the best picture I can give you. Many of the other have tons of kids in them...


Since the last time I posted I created a few pieces of art. I made this book for the Bookbinding class I taught last Sunday. I didn't finish it until the night before. Shame on me, I know. So, we are going to offer it again in August or September. Giving people the opportunity to sign up. It's a 4 hour class. You are given 3 piece of chipboard, two pieces of metal, two piece of humungo adhesive, 9 piece of white card stock, one piece of 12x12 paper and along with some buttons, canvas and twine, you can create a book that really holds up!


As in my last book, all the inside pages are decorated too! The students last Sunday learned 6 techniques for the inside pages alone! Never mind the metal work, the book binding and the stitching..


Today, my Mom came over and I showed her a few things I was working on...

And then we used some Copics to color in some dragons. Mom's is the cutesy dragon and mine is the more, ah.... maybe majestic. She's on the left and I'm on the right.















Now, I'm off to read some more and rest. It's gonna be a busy weekend and I'd like to be completely over this cold soon.

No comments:

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...