Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Coming up...

Sorry about the double post. The 13 new metalheads one was supposed to have been posted earlier today. Hmmm...


I was busy making kits today. Kits for my upcoming classes. I've got a very busy weekend ahead of me and I'm a little afraid. No, not the teaching part. I can emboss metal in my sleep and I'm sure I could teach people how to do it while snoozing too. ...but I'm a little afraid because everyone in my house has had the stomach bug within the last 4 days except me. Maybe it'll pass right over me??? Please!! I feel a little like a ticking time bomb, waiting to go off. I shouldn't think about it. I'm going to get plenty of rest, lots of fluids and pray. Pray that I'm skipped this time around.






So anyhow, I've been cutting metal all day or making samples for next Friday's "Friday Feature - UTEE Beads" at the Scrapbook Cupboard. For only $10 I'll provide the materials and the know how and you can try your hand at - and then practice - making 3 different types of beads.





Now, I'm not a jewelry maker. But I know a thing or two about the melting pot and UTEE, so I put these together. In real life, these colors do look better together. I guess my lighting was all wrong.


But before next Friday, I have lots of other classes coming up. March is a busy month for me.


Let's see...On Friday, I'll be teaching Metal Embossing Basics 1 at the Scrapbook Cupboard. Then on Saturday, I'm heading back up to Ink About It for a sold out Metal Emboss Basics 1 and then the Mirrored Metal class (there's still a few spots I think!). On Sunday, I'm back at the Scrapbook Cupboard for Metal Magenta Cards (which is almost full - one or two spots maybe?) and then that evening, I'm teaching a private class. Next Tuesday, the 10th, I'll be at Blue Hills Regional School for the Metal Bookbinding Class. Whew! And even after the UTEE Beading class, I'm still going, going, going... I'll be heading down to Bella Art on Saturday, the 14th for the day for two classes.


And it doesn't end there...


I'm having a ton of fun. I get to meet lots of new people. I thoroughly enjoy the process of teaching and watching people learn. I love when they have that "Ah-ha!" moment. That's what is rewarding to me. I try to always ask after each class, "Did you learn something new?" Because that's my goal. To bring something to each of my students that they didn't have before. Often in class people ask if they can do something totally different than my example. My answer is YES! I'm just here to show you and teach you how it's done. I'm here to inspire, give your creative process with a jumping point. And if you jump and fall, I'm there to help you back up.


But I sure do love when students fly!

1 comment:

Lynne Forsythe said...

You go girl...sound like a WAY BUSY schedule...and on top of it all you are Mom & Wife...Keep up the great work..see you soon!!

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...