Sunday, November 30, 2008

Gettin' stuff done...

I was still feeling pretty creative today. But we had to put a new vanity in the bathroom first. The sink in the old one was cracked and it was a matter of time before it started to leak. I saw this cute one in the Lowe's flier this weekend and my sister, Nicole was gracious enough to pick it up for me. Here's Patrick taking out the old...
And afterwards, here's the new...

We only have one bathroom and it's small so a smaller vanity was perfect for us. After the New Year, my number one house priority is to remove the wallpaper and paint. There's a hole in the wall to the left of the new vanity. I've already used my drywall tape (magic mesh) and my lightweight spackle (for metal work, of course) and started fixing it. By next Spring, the bathroom will be beautiful!
After working on the bathroom, I got busy creating. I belong to the Pine Cone Press Book Club at work but it's been quite a while since I've actually used a project for what it was meant for. This month, I was determined to get something done. So I did.
Here's the photo in the book...
As you can see, I put my own tiny spin on the book. I added a metal roof and a metal door. Just what every good house should have!! I also added the Address Book words and put metal behind that too. For the metal work, I rubbed 10 Seconds Studio Dark Chocolate metal over Big Daddy Mold Number 1 with the paper stump. I sanded and then cut to size. Easy. I'm so happy that I'll have a completed project to share on Tuesday!!!!

After completing the Pine Cone Press project (say that 10 times fast!) I started finishing up another project I've been working on. I'm teaching a free class this week through a Yahoo group called the Latest Trends in Mixed Media. Sharon asked if I would teach a metal effects class back in October and I said sure. By the way, if you haven't checked out Sharon's blog, why not? She comes up with the best ways to recycle things to make art. If you know me, you know, I'm all about recycling! Anyway, I'm finishing up my project for that class. Here's a sneak peek. I'll post a full picture tomorrow when my Stickles are finally dry and it's adhered to the box...

I hope you had a creative day!

No comments:

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...