Sunday, September 7, 2008

Scrapbook Cupboard happenings

We had an employee meeting tonight at the Scrapbook Cupboard. Can I just tell you how lucky I am to work there? Not only do I meet great people when I'm there but I work with a bunch of great gals! And my boss is always super nice and very generous. I could ask for anything more!

While we don't have meetings too often, when we do get together, the ideas really get flowing. We have some fresh new classes coming this Fall and Holiday season. We're even implementing 'Express Classes'. How cool is that! You can now come in and take a class during the day. We have 3 talented teachers able to do a few daytime classes a month. Very exciting. We've had some Saturday or Sunday classes before but not week day classes. I think it's a cool idea! I can't wait. My first 'Express Class' will be a mini grungeboard album. It'll be on Thursday, October 9th from 1-2PM. It's only $15 and you're bound to learn a new technique or two. Here's a photo...


I'm sure you've seen it in the store before. I made it at a trade show last March but now you can have the opportunity to make one!

The October calendar isn't quite done, we're waiting on a few descriptions but if you are impatient, you can always view it online.

Bev tells me my Book Binding class is a hit. I brought in my sample this morning and several people signed up today. If you can't make it to the one next Sunday, we'll be doing an encore class in November. I'm working on a few other classes for October and November and I might have another announcement coming soon. But that's for another post. This one is just about SC.

Let's see... my Melting Pot class on Friday is sold out but I'm going to be doing a canvas using beeswax and the melting pot next month.

If you haven't signed up for the Silhouette class for Thursday, the 18th do it NOW! I'm only taking 6 people and I believe there is only 1 spot left! If you don't know how to use your Silhouette, this is the class for you!

Donna and my Christmas Card camp has 4 spots left! Donna tells me it would be helpful if I had my samples ready - that then the class would be sold out. She's right, I know it. I'll get them done tomorrow. I promise. Look for pictures. See now I'll be held accountable. The blog will hold me accountable. :-)

I think that's it' for the rest of September. As I said, I've got a few more things in the works but that's another days post. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! We're back to school tomorrow. And homework starts...

2 comments:

Sandee said...

Kim I love your blog.........I have 2 boys too! I hope you enjoy your fob. We walking buds have to stick together.....

Just-Kim said...

Thanks! I can't wait to get it. I walked today with my keys around my middle finger. It wasn't comfortable!

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...