Saturday, September 6, 2008

Prom was great... & a class done!

The prom was wonderful! ... insert music here... There was festive fun in the air, mixed with bad girl hair - or just bad hair, pegged pants and some Bon Jovi. Eeek. Now that doesn't sound like me, does it? It was all for Kerriann. She's celebrating a birthday this weekend and she's an 80's nut. I didn't graduate high school until 93 so I only remembered the later stuff. But once I got going, I remembered Def Leppard, AC/DC, Megadeth, Quiet Riot, older Metallica and a few others. Traci and Kerriann. Well they were all about Bon Jovi and a bunch of other bands I'm not sure I remember. Oh, well. It was a BLAST anyhow!!!

Here are a few pictures of Kerriann doing Traci, Mimi and my make up and hair...





After getting all 'dolled up' we were ready to party!!!


The show was great. I do recommend it. Bring your dancing shoes as there's a lot of party dancing. They even taught you how to do the "Beat it!" dance and "Thriller" too. We had seats right up front, close to the stage where we got to see all the action. Our night was hosted by Sabrina Blaze, a drag Queen from Providence, RI. We had the school jock, geek, president and bad boy as well as the cheerleader, the validictorian, swedish exchange student, nerd and even the gay friend trying out for Prom Queen. It was jam packed with High School silliness. It sure was an awesome 80's prom!

After getting a good night sleep and taking a much needed shower to remove pink 'teasing' from my hair, I got to work on finishing my bookbinding class. Nothing like finishing it last minute. I know, I know. But it's done and... in my opinion... FABULOUS! I couldn't be happier with it. It's jammed with techniques. The class is Sunday, September 14th from 12-4PM at the Scrapbook Cupboard. Call to sign up if you are interested... 508-378-0008. You'll learn metal embossing, long stitch book binding, plenty of masking and misting, misting with templates, a few Ranger techniques and you are guaranteed to learn something new. Ok, well... even if you don't, you're gonna have fun! Here are some pictures for you to see what I'm talking about...















No comments:

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...