Thursday, September 11, 2008

Goings on...

I didn't blog last night. Sorry. I've been busy. Super busy. So busy I forgot to eat breakfast busy. Oops! Breakfast is the most important meal, you can't forget that!!

Anyhow... about yesterday, ...you know now that I'm writing this I can't remember everything I did yesterday. I know I did dishes, laundry, got the kids off and back from school. I did the Scrapbook Cupboard's October calendar, blogged for SC, went over to SC to take pictures of Donna's Class, started the newsletter and co-hosted the chat over at My Creative Classroom. Whew! Could it be that that was enough? No, I'm sure not. I know I spent some time reviewing my notes on the melting pot, getting geared up for Friday night's class. It's sold out! WoW! I'm so excited that all those people are interested in learning more about a melting pot. It's a great tool to own. It's one of those tools, when you take it out you play with it for about two weeks straight. Then it sits there for about a month or two until you realize you love it and need to play again. Or at least, that's how I play with my melting pot! For those people in tomorrow nights class, the information I gave you about what the class is about was wrong. We're going to do MORE than we did last year in the class. You're going to leave with some awesome projects!! And if you'd like some more melting pot techniques, you can come back next month for an altered Autumn Beeswax Canvas. I'll try to remember to bring the canvas I did about my Mom. I'll dig it out and bring it tomorrow. I'll try to get a photo for the blog too!

So, we had a full day here at home today. I finally got my muse to come back home. She was missing for about a day and I tell ya... she didn't want to come back tonight. She must've been on a bender. She struggled and struggled but finally we were able to create something beautiful. First take a look at the mess we made...


And look at all the mistakes I had to make before she finally (my muse that is) sobered up and played nice...


And while I have no proof that my muse was drinking... let me just say some of those 'tries' above aren't up to par! I finally was able to be one with my muse and we created two beautiful cards. Here they are...















The first card needs a saying. I'm thinking we must have a stamp at the store that says "Happy Holidays!". I hope. Or I'll dig out one of my own! Both these cards are for the Christmas Card Camp that Donna and I are hosting on Saturday, September 20th. I believe there are a few spots left. Last I heard there were 4 but I could be wrong as I didn't catch a count this afternoon when I spoke to Bev. So, if you are interested in creating a metal snowman... call the Scrapbook Cupboard at 508-378-0008!! We're creating 8 cards that day. I'm teaching 4 and Donna's teaching 4! You'll walk away with 4 little snowmen and 4 little mice. Oh, ya... my mice. Well... one is done but I might jazz it up a bit. Now that I'm in the groove, I need to keep it flowing.

So, what else happened today? Lots! Patrick is sick. Poor guy. I hope he gets better soon. He's got a show on Sunday night and since he since about 80% of the time, he better rest that voice! Of course he has a cold with a sore throat!

My Mom came over today. We walked, had lunch, chatted about my Sisters and Brother, made plans to do a Pumpkin Patch hayride next month and then BAM! We saw an 18 wheeler take out part of the tree outside! Two houses down, this 18 wheeler just took a branch right off the tree!

You know, that picture makes it look so small. It was bigger in real life. I swear it! It must have been the photographer!!
I called the DPW and they came right down and took care of it. Of course it happened just about the time the bus was dropping off the boys. They thought it was neat! You know, that 18 wheeler... it never stopped. Just kept driving like nothing ever happened. Maybe that's where my muse was... drinking with the truck driver!!! Hmmmm...

I received the new metal kit from Walnut Hollow today as well. I'm gonna write a review about it. Monday. Review Monday, remember. If you are tempted to buy it, wait until after Monday and I'll explain the good parts and the bad parts about the kit and templates. I promise!
More fun will be had tomorrow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute snowmen! It kills me that I cannot go to the class. Both you and Donna have stuff I want to create, work sucks! Hope Patrick feels better soon.

Just-Kim said...

Thanks Sue! Bev talked to me about the daytime classes. Starting in January I can do AM classes so check for those.
Thanks for the well wishes, Patrick's better but Bryce is off to the Doctors. Poor Guy!

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...