Saturday, September 13, 2008

All sorts of altered classes...

I had my sold out Melting Pot class last night at the Scrapbook Cupboard. Everyone walked away with a melting pot and a better understanding of what to do with it. We completed a whole bunch of techniques and at the end I just let the ladies use the rest of their UTEE on creating mini donuts, altered hearts and any of the mold and pour molds I own. They had fun doing it. The best part was watching and looking to see what colors really go well together. For example, Rob (yes, I have guys in my classes now and again) created a mini donut using clear UTEE mixed with Red Hot To Dye for and Platinum. If you haven't tried that color combo, I really urge you to. It was stunning! Another woman in class was eyeing it and we were both hoping he'd leave them behind!! He didn't. Oh well... I guess I have to make my own.
I have a Mold-n-Pour Mold of a gargoyle and that was a hit with the guys. Paul made a few and I believe Rob made one. I love the gargoyle. He's especially cool when you create him in Black UTEE and then brush on some beeswax and a little bit of metallic perfect pearls. Boy does he look cool. I'd show you the picture of the one I have but I think Bryce broke it. I'll have to make another and post him. Maybe next week. I'll put him on my haunted house... Hmmm...
So, tomorrow's class is I believe sold out as well. When I spoke to Bev this afternoon she told me I was 1 away from being sold out and that someone was there looking at the class right then. I would've waited to see if they were really interested but... well, that would have been tacky, right? Oh, no. That's not why. Really why I couldn't stay on the phone was that Bryce was screaming my name. The poor guy has a double ear infection. Caleb and I brought him to the doc this AM while Patrick was helping out a friend. So, we now have our meds and hopefully plenty of rest for the little guy.
While Bryce was resting today, I put together the stuff needed for tomorrow's class...

While the store carries everything, I hate to leave anything at home that I used on the book. So, I've been packing my templates and tools. Colors of spray and inky binkies. I only have 7 clean ones so unless I go do some laundry, they'll have to share. Oh, and I need the boxes. We need the boxes so glimmer mist, memory mist, homemade mists and colorwash doesn't go everywhere. Everyone will have access to an apron too. Which reminds me, I need to pack mine! OK, Done.

My Silhouette class for Thursday is sold out. I believe we will put another on the schedule but not until November or later. And the Christmas Card Camp with Donna is just about full too. Whew! I'm waiting to hear from Blue Hills about how many in those classes and I have another 'gig' in the works. It's a go, I just need to get on the ball. I was hoping to get it done today but the little man needed my attention. Oh, and of course my class with My Creative Classroom. That's on too. It's surprising I have time for my little man!

Oh, I almost forgot... I promised I'd post a picture of my Beeswax Canvas I made of my Mom. I totally forgot to show the ladies last night. Silly me, huh!

I believe my mom was 18 in that picture. I did this canvas years ago now and always said I would add onto it. Too much 'empty' space to the right there but I haven't found what I was looking for. They've yet to create an embellishment that strikes me for that.

I'm off to relax and read the newest book that came in the mail today...

It's actually no longer in print that I can see. But many resellers are selling it at cheap prices, so this was actually less than 10 bucks and that includes shipping. I've thumbed through it once so far and it's looking promising. I'll let you know.

No comments:

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...