Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sketch Thursday!!

It's Thursday so another day to play over on the Dreamweaver Design Team!  This week we are working with a sketch!  This is the sketch: 

And here's my Springy take on the sketch:


That's the trio tulip stencil number LL 444 in the middle.  I first placed down the stencil and used some inks to color in the areas.  I did have to use the picasso a bit at the top near the actual flower part.  Then I took off my stencil, cleaned it and replaced it exactly back where it was.  I then used Dreamweaver's Translucent paste over the image and let it dry.  While it was drying, I dug out some Springy butterfly and pink paper, orange ink and orange stickles and created the card.  It does open in the middle with the tulips and then inside says, "Happy Spring!"

Once the Tulips were dry, I sponged on some blue and green coloring so that it appeared they were grounded and adhered it to the card.  For some added effect, I also used some of the blue and green on the pink cardstock as well. 

This stencil works perfectly for this type of card but it also is the perfect stencil to use for a nice, bright Spring-time card!  And for us here in Boston, who just got another dusting of snow today.... I'm yearning for my tulips to make their appearance in my yard!

7 comments:

Liz Martin said...

Your card brings a hope of spring and makes me smile. Love it!

Louise said...

Great card Kim, we definately need some spring in the air!

Pam Hornschu said...

Love the use of the translucent paste over the top of your colorful tulips! I don't remember seeing that stencil design before. Great springy take on this week's sketch.

Laura Drahozal said...

What colorful tulips! Love that stencil.

Terrece said...

Really pretty card. It looks so cheerful with the butterflys and bright colors. My translucent paste attempts don't come out that well.

WW Triathlete said...

That translucent embossing paste makes the tulips so bright and cheery. Love everything about this cheerful card, Kim. I am inspired to use this stencil.
LYNELL (writing from my bros. comp.)

Kristi Parker Van Doren said...

very very pretty! so so glad you are back

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...