Friday, November 5, 2010

Striking it out - on my own??

Well it has become official.  The store I am currently working with will be closing their doors.  I'm expecting the store to be closed before Thanksgiving.  Bummer, huh!  I've been with Bev and the Scrapbook Cupboard for 5 years!!  Yup!  5!  Seems like a long time but it's been some of the best times of my life.

So, what now?  Well I've got a ton of irons in the fire and hopefully one of them will pop back out at me and let me know it needs some attention. 

No, No, No, I don't really hope to get burned, I'm just so overwhelmed with the thoughts that are going through me.  I *almost* said I was never at the closing of a businesses doors but then I reflected that I used to belong to Corporate America and I was there when Nellie Mae was swallowed by Sallie Mae.  The difference between then and now - other than the awesome stock option package I was given with Sallie Mae?  Well, a lot.  A real lot!

I still have all those people to say good-bye to.  Co-workers, friends, customers... I still have to clean out my desk (cabinet space), I still have to find another job...

I'm very fortunate.  Very, very lucky.  When I was laid off with Nellie Mae, I had another job waiting for me.  I was 6 months pregnant with my first child and that was to be my new job.  It was a wonderful time, not having to worry about money (because I cashed in those stock options of course!) and just spending the time learning how to be a Mom.  Now, well I've got options out there too! 

Donna Maligno and I have teamed up to create KD Craft Concepts.  We will be striking out on our own, at least partially, to bring some of you regulars a taste of Donna and Kim classes and events.  In what capacity?  Unknown at this time.  We're still hashing everything out. I will also mention that, I've gotten a few other offers as well and will be exploring these very soon.  I'm hoping to find a new place to teach on a regular basis, we'll see how it all works out. - That's why the irons are in the fire, I need to get rid of some wrinkles and I need those irons HOT!  :-)

I'm sure you'll be seeing me posting more.  October was a miserable month... I was sick most of it.  And this month, we are awaiting a new arrival to the family!  My Sister will be having a baby girl soon.  So, whether photos of the new baby or photos of new classes and more information about where I will be, I'll be in touch!

1 comment:

Deborah March said...

GOOD LUCK on your new business venture Kim!!

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...