Thursday, September 23, 2010

Classes this Fall... well through October anyhow...

Loads of online and in person classes are being set up for this Fall!

Online through My Creative Classroom, I'm offering right now Art Journals, Handbound... sign ups are only through September 24th.  Class has already started (but only one week, so you still have time to sign up if you'd like).  This class will run for 4 weeks and is only $20!  View the class information here.



Starting this week is the Metal Sampler.  If you've seen my blog before, you've seen this posted several times.  You will learn about 14 different metal embossing techniques in class.  This class starts on Friday, September 24th and will run for 3 weeks.  This class is $25.  View the class information here.



The last week of September, I'm starting a NEW class!  Stenciling with Style!  This class will cover all different types of paste embossing, stenciling and much more!  In this four week class, we'll cover about 20 techniques that you can do with all those beautiful Dreamweaver stencils!  This class is $25 and starts on Thursday, September 30th.  View the class information here.


On Monday, October 11th I will be starting the second bookmaking class.  MORE Art Journals, Handbound.  This class will run for 4 weeks and we'll be covering even more bindings as well as techniques for the inside pages.  Lots of FUN!  View the class information here.




Advanced Metal Techniques will be the last class I have on My Creative Classroom's calendar for this semester.  This class starts on October 28th.  This four week class will go into even more metal embossing techniques as well as putting together many different projects.    Class is $25.  View the class information here.


I have another class I wanted to put online but as of right now, I haven't too much time.  While I'd love to get another class out there typing up those directions takes time plus presentations and videos (if needed).  So stay tuned to see if I got to that one.

In person, I have a number of classes for September, October and we are already starting to schedule November.  While I don't have any samples for November, I definitely have one for this upcoming Friday...


Holiday 'scapes will be on Friday, September 24th from 7-9PM at the Scrapbook Cupboard.  Using just a few Stampscapes Stamps, ink and the right paper and you can create easy Holiday cards in a flash!  Class is $20 and includes everything you need to complete the above two cards.

On Sunday, September 26th you'll find me at the Scrapbook Cupboard again hosting the first Collage Workshop.  While this isn't a class where I teach you how to do the Collaging, I will be doing a demo during class using some different products in the store.  Class is from 12-3 (or 4, I'm not going to kick you out) and is $20.

Tuesday, September 28th, I'll be back at the Scrapbook Cupboard again for the Card Swap.  This month's theme is either Fall or Halloween cards.   This swap is already full but next month's will interest everyone.  We are making cards to send to our servicemen and women overseas.  These are cards that they can then use to send back to their families.  There is no need to sign up for this class, just drop off your cards before October 28th to have them included.  Absolutely no glitter or sparkly material on the cards.  For more information on it, see the date October 28th on the Scrapbook Cupboard's online calendar.

My first class in October at the Scrapbook Cupboard is on Thursday the 7th.  I don't have any samples for the Collage Cards for that night.  I'm awaiting a Penny Black delivery to the Cupboard so I can use those stamps.  I might try to squeeze in another from the Artful Stamper but so far, I don't have anything to show you for that.

Friday, October 8th I'll be back at the Cupboard for my Spooky Coffin and Mini book...


Inside this spooky little coffin box contains a hand bound mini album. This is perfect for those scary Halloween pictures or just to display! With a little metal on the cover and stitches on the inside, it's sure to be a ghoulishly fun class!  Class is $20.


For the rest of October I have:

Copic Theory on Thursday, October 14th - $20
Circle Journal Swap/Crop on Saturday, October 16th - $10
Copic Review for Beginners on Sunday, October 17th - $59, includes 6 markers
ATC Swap on Wednesday, October 20th - $5 - out theme this time around is {Alice in} Wonderland
Another Collage Workshop on Sunday, October 24th - $20
The Card Swap (see above) on the 26th - Free

and

Happy Holidays with Dreamweaver on Friday, October 22nd. 


Get a jump start on your Holiday cards using some tips and tricks from our own Dreamweaver Design Team Member, Kim! We'll be completing two Holiday cards using some unique techniques.  Class is $20.

I just am now realizing how much I have going on in the next month.  I'm tired just writing this post, nevermind actually doing it. This is just classes too.  Well, if you find me dead come Halloween, you'll know why!

As I get to complete the samples for some of those classes above, I'll post them here and on the Scrapbook Cupboard's website.

No comments:

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...