Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Working on some flowers....

My Advanced Metal Techniques class opens next Tuesday at My Creative Classroom.  As is usual with me, I'm a wonderful procrastinator.  I've been feverishly working on the class, filling both Tuesday and Wednesday with flowers of all kinds, and using all types of different techniques with them too.  I made Daisies, Lilies, Dahlia's, Roses and other unknown flowers.  I used colored metals and Pepsi cans.  I used alcohol inks, paints, glossy accents, decorative scissors, punches, paper, adhesives, nail polish and lots more!

Here, let me show you some that I made...


This is a play off of the Grungeboard Roses.  I didn't have Wendy Vecchi's stamp, though, so I made due with my own template.  It's ok.  It didn't come out as I wanted so I think I'll make another and tweak it to my likings.  I love the way the Pink Diamond Metal looks though!



These are my new favorites!  I love how these came out and they are so easy.  I could continue to make these for days!  They are sturdy and elegant.  Absolutely stunning!  It makes me wish I knew someone getting married.  These would make beautiful centerpieces!


I loved these too!  Not elegant but almost whimsical.  These are super easy to make.  I loved making these, too!


I had to show the side view of this one.  I love that it's triple layered so it has some petals that hang down.  This is really pretty little, only about 2 inches across, it would make very beautiful and delicate filler flowers for those lilies above, huh!

All the directions for these flowers will be in class.  I'm still working tonight and I've got another flower type and a better rose that I'm working on. 

Class won't just be about flowers, we'll also do a monogrammed home decor piece.  Her'es a snippet...


 We're going to make jewelry pieces and a mini scrapbook too!  All in 4 weeks worth of class!  This class is an amazing deal too!  Only $25!

2 comments:

peata said...

love the flowers, can't wait to make some.
scrapbook-crazy.com

Shirley Pando said...

Oh my! These flowers are amazing!!

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...