Thursday, May 21, 2009

Metal, More Metal and Vampires!

I've been working on the Metal Embossing Intermediate Class. I'm teaching it tomorrow night at the Scrapbook Cupboard and I wanted this class to reflect the same style as the other two. It used to be just pieces of metal adhered to some paper, now it's all metal. Some tags have several techniques on each. I'm lovin' it!

But before I show you the tags for tomorrow night's class, let me tell you about what I found last night on the refridgerator. I worked on the tags yesterday and decided to take a late shower. While I was in the shower Bryce asked if he could have a piece of metal. Sure, why not. It was a small piece of Plum. While getting milk for dinner last night, I was struck still at this sight...


I tell you, he's one smart cookie! For only being 6, he remembered that he needed to draw the image on the back, flip and sand. He drew all the images backward and by himself! If you are unsure what he drew... it's a picture of the Mushroom Boy (toadstool, I believe) in the Nintendo Mario games. That explains the stars too. His new obsession is Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii. He got it for his birthday and wants to play it all the time.

I was so amazed to see Bryce's artwork on the fridge. He did a great job!! I'm definitely a proud Mama!

OK, so I did finish the tags for tomorrow night's class - today. They are delivered to the store and ready. There are 8 tags and each have at least two techniques on them...




Then while downloading all the photos today, what came via UPS... the TrueBlood Series, Season 1. I can't wait for Season 2 to start, only a few more weeks! I'm almost through with the entire series on Audio Book too! These series and books are definitely not for everyone...


Tonight I'm off to Fran's house for a little gathering. I'm excited, she told me this morning she made jello shots! It's good thing I can walk to her house!! I think I will...

No comments:

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...