Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mirrored in Metal with Stamps

I finished my Mirrored in Metal Samples today and sent them off to Ink About It and Bella Art. I made both from an IKEA mirror frame and the Asian Elements stamp set from Hero Arts. I wanted to use something different. Of course in class, I encourage you to use a design that you'd like, so if you'd rather do flowers and roses, I'm happy to help you achieve that look as well. My samples are exactly that... samples. If you change the design, great! That means you're learning and that you feel comfortable with the embossing process! Or maybe you just don't like Asian Elements. Either way, I'll be bringing a few Hero Art Stamp Sets with me for this class and you can choose which designs you'd like.

As a refresher, the classes are on Saturday, March 7th from 1-4PM at Ink About It and Saturday, March 14th from 1-4 at Bella Art. I hope to see some of you there!
Here are some photos from the finished mirror...


While taking these photos last night, I realized how hard it was to photograph a mirror without getting something else in the shot.
I'm off to read a little before bed and then tomorrow to tackle more of my To Do List. If you plan on venturing out in the cold tomorrow, I believe I still have 2 spots left in my Metal Embossed File Folder Album at the Scrapbook Cupboard. Come stay warm with me and have some fun!

4 comments:

Sherry Goodloe said...

I wish I had the kind of life where I could just hop on an airplane and come to your class and surprise you! By no *sigh*, I'll just keep following you on your blog and spend time with you there.

Have a great class!

Lynne Forsythe said...

Girl you do such BEAUTIFUL work!!! Look forward to seeing you at the Copic Cert and I guess we are going to the Collins show!!! So I shall see you there...you can pitch Deb on teaching your metals class her!!

Just-Kim said...

Ahh.. thanks Sherry! You know, I've thought that myself about you and all those wonderful places you get to go. All those arts festivals and craft fairs, just oozing inspiration! Oh, to have an unlimited source of cash. But then again, if we did we might not be doing this. I'd rather be rich in creativity

Just-Kim said...

It'll be great to see you again, Lynne!

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...