Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Howdy Pardner!

We went to 6 Gun City today. It's located in Jefferson, NH.
On a scale from 1-10 on a value rating. 10 being highest, this is probably only a 4. While the kids had fun, it really doesn't offer much in rides and attractions. Don't get me wrong, we had a good time but when they tell you there is a waterpark there, well... I don't think one waterslide and one kiddie waterslide with a kiddie wading pool should really count as a waterpark. I'm glad we did the 6 Gun City trek this year and not another. Both boys loved it and were entertained fully for 4 hours. But at $78 for all of us to get in, I really needed them to be entertained for 6, you know.! So we were home early and we got some pictures near the dam and waterfall on Lake Keewaydin. Bryce and I went out on the canoe, we had dinner and then I finally got to do some crafting. The day was still a good one! I've got a triple play for you today! A slideshow of the day, a video of a rollercoaster ride and my work with the Flower Soft I bought yesterday...





OK, so... The Flower Soft is extremely easy to use. I think that when Bernadette and I share our wares I'll put mine in different containers. They really need to be 'fluffed'. It works better than directly from the jar. The jars keep them packed. And while you get the most for your money, it's just not the way it should be used. So this is what the paper looked like BEFORE I added any Flower Soft (the lighting isn't great, I was on the porch and it was getting dark)...



Pretty flat. Well, here's a little slideshow on what it looks like as you work with it...


And then I created little 'sprigs'. You'd put these in little paper cones and add to a card. Aren't they cute?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new product showcase. Can't wait see in person, maybe at the next cj?

susan

Just-Kim said...

I'll have it in the store this weekend and, SURE, I'll bring it to the next CJ meeting!
Kim

School's out ...for Summer?

Last night the Governor of Massachusetts cancelled all school until May 4th.  He did this on March 25th.  That is about 6 weeks of no sc...